Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Mexico: Unknown Light North of Mexico City












Source: www.analuisacid.com
Date: 12.02.08


Mexico: Unknown Light North of Mexico City
By Ana Luisa Cid

I recorded this video on Sunday, November 30, 2008 to the north of Mexico City, heading toward the zenith. I only became aware of the object when I checked the images on a TV set. There was a family gathering at my mother's house that day, so I took advantage of this fact to go out and record airliners in flight (around 16:00 hours). From that location they can be clearly seen as they head for the airport. What could this object be? Anything from a UFO to space junk, or perhaps a heavenly body, although it was not visible at the moment that the recording was made. I'm rejecting the likelihood that it could be an artificial satellite, according to the Heavens Above registry, which indicates the time and location of satellites over Mexico City, particularly the International Space Station and the Iridium satellites, which are the brightest in the sky.

The video can be seen at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FlvkRqqljc

At dusk I recorded the conjunction between the Moon, Venus and Jupiter.

(Translation (c) 2008, S. Corrales IHU)